Los Angeles is a city some call the “city of angels,” while others know it as the “city of Hollywood stars.” While it may not capture your heart at first glance, taking the time to explore its many attractions will reveal its unique charm. From walking the famous Walk of Fame, catching a Lakers game, strolling along the beaches of Santa Monica and Venice, discovering its historic center, hiking its hills for panoramic views, to visiting a movie studio, there are countless things to do in Los Angeles.
Let’s explore list of 50 best things to do in Los Angeles:
1. Take a photo of the lifeguard booths, with a lifeguard included, on Santa Monica beach.
2. Trying to fit your hands and feet into the footprints of famous actors in front of Grauman’s Chinese Theatre.
3. Stop looking at the footprints in the ground to see the beautiful facade of the Grauman Chinese Theater. If you are lucky you will be able to see a movie star -many Hollywood premieres are presented in this theater.
4. Find Muscle Beach in the Venice neighborhood where you can see bodybuilders train in an open-air gym, where Arnold Schwarzenegger was a regular.
5. Visit the Getty Center, a museum with great works and architecture, gardens, and views that are well worth it.
6. Find the star of your favorite actor or artist on the Walk of Fame on Hollywood Boulevard.
7. Go shopping in the Downtown Fashion District, a set of streets full of shops of all kinds.
8. Visit the Dolby Theater (formerly known as Kodak Theater), where the Oscar Awards are organized every year. If you are lucky enough to be there on the last Sunday of February, you will feel the atmosphere of the delivery ceremony firsthand.
9. Book the tour of Warner Bros., one of the most famous in the world where you will walk for 3 hours through the sets of mythical series and films.
10. Eat one of their tasty sandwiches at the famous Philippe the Original, one of the 50 best things to do in Los Angeles .
More things to do in Los Angeles
11. Stroll through the Venice Boulevard neighborhood, an American Venice, and one of its best areas, with beautiful houses between canals and nature.
12. Take a guided tour through the mansions of the stars of Beverly Hills aboard a trolley bus.
13. See the facade of the beautiful Georgian Hotel while strolling through Santa Monica.
14. If you want to learn the history and curiosities of the city, it is advisable to book complete tour through the most famous places in the city. If you have little time you can book the tourist bus that stops at the main sites.
15. Take a photo of the Hollywood sign on Mount Lee from Beachwood Drive.
16. If you want to get closer to the Hollywood sign, you can go up Beachwood Dr to a place that advertises horseback riding tours in the Hollywood Hills. In an hour you will be behind the letters, with incredible views of Los Angeles. It’s best to not pay attention to the signs advising against traveling down this route as the locals are in conflict with tourists and may try to prevent access. Of course, you have to know that it is forbidden to cross the fence that surrounds the letters.
17. Visit the Los Angeles City Hall located in the Downtown, historic center, and which has appeared in movies like Spiderman.
18. Seeing the windows of the expensive stores on Rodeo Drive and the luxury cars parked in front of the stores. Also, with a bit of luck, you will be able to see a famous person entering one.
19. Tour the Chinatown neighborhood until you reach its central square and visit the Thien Hau temple.
20. Enter the Hollywood History Museum, with objects and sets from Hollywood movies.
21. Finding a good hotel at a good price in Los Angeles is not an easy task. We opted for the Motel 6 , located 2 minutes from the Walk of Fame, with parking and comfortable, clean rooms.
22. Climb the Ferris wheel at Pacific Park, the famous amusement park located on the Santa Monica pier, and enjoy the views.
23. Walking through the Little Tokyo neighborhood, for lovers of Japanese culture it is a paradise. You can find original items from Japan and try its gastronomy. One of the best things to see and do in Los Angeles.
24. Book a ticket to Universal Studios Hollywood and tour the sets of famous movies and series of this company, one of the best things to do in Los Angeles.
More things to do in Los Angeles
25. Enjoy the attractions and shows related to movies and series at Universal Studios, such as Waterworld, Jurassic Park, Transformers, or The Simpsons.
26. Trying to eat an entire American breakfast at the famous restaurant The Griddle Cafe.
27. Take a walk on the beach at sunset and watch the sunset from the Santa Monica Pier, one of the best places to visit in Los Angeles .
28. Go up the famous Mulholland Drive to some of the city’s hills, from where you have the best views of Los Angeles.
29. Walk down Olvera Street in Chinatown, the oldest in Los Angeles. Some of the first buildings built in the city are on this street, such as the Avila Adobe House, the Sepúlveda House, and the Pelanconi House.
30. Visit the Greystone Mansion in Beverly Hills, which used to film several movies, and which was the residence of an oil magnate and one of the places to see in Los Angeles.
31. Go out at night on the Sunset Strip and attend a concert in one of its mythical venues such as Whiskey a Go Go, The Viper Room or The Roxy.
32. Find the beautiful James Irvine Japanese garden and the Koyasan Buddhist temple on Calle San Pedro in Little Tokyo.
33. Walk the Grand Avenue in the Downtown, a great pedestrian area to enjoy the atmosphere and one of the places to see in Los Angeles.
34. See a NBA game of legendary Los Angeles Lakers at the Staples Center. You can buy tickets here.
35. See the huge fountain in the central square at The Grove, which offers light and water shows similar to those of the Bellagio in Las Vegas.
36. Stroll along Walden Drive until you find the Spadena House, the house of witches, which has also appeared in several movies.
37. Rent some skates or a bike to explore the Ocean Drive promenade, one of the best things to do in Los Angeles.
38. Find the monument dedicated to James Dean while you relax while walking through Griffith Park.
39. Eating a delicious hamburger with egg at Eggslut, one of the best restaurants where you can eat cheap and well.
Even more things to do in Los Angeles
40. Remember that in order not to pay commissions and always have the current change, we recommend using the Revolut card . It is free and will mean a great saving.
41. To complete the exercise you cannot leave Los Angeles without swimming or surfing in the Pacific Ocean.
42. Stop and look up to see the US Bank Tower, the second tallest skyscraper in Los Angeles at 1,000 feet, and featured in the movie Independence Day.
43. Stroll through the center of Pasadena, with a relaxed atmosphere and away from the bustle of Los Angeles.
44. Haggle to buy very cheap clothes in the stores of the Alleys of Los Angeles that are located around Santee Street.
45. Go up to the Griffith Observatory at sunset for the best views of Los Angeles.
46. Rent a car for a day and take the coast road to Malibu, with some spectacular landscapes and is one of the most beautiful places in California.
47. Stroll along the beach and see the Manhattan Beach pier, one of the best beaches in Los Angeles.
48. Go shopping or stroll through The Grove, an open-air mall full of shops of all brands and restaurants.
49. Spend a day in Long Beach, you can visit the Naples area, go on the Queen Mary ship, or relax on the beach.
50. Dance at the KTown Arena until morning hours. You can also read more about having fun during nighttime here.
FIND OUT ABOUT
15 Interesting facts about Los Angeles, that you didn’t know before
Want to look for a great stay in L.A.?